On the Web
- Goal-setting flowchart: A good visualization for evaluating your progress, from the University of Illinois, Chicago.
- Ways to Make the Best Use of your Time: A helpful checklist.
- Ten Online Tools for Better Attention and Focus: primarily for MACs, but some PC apps, too.
- A student’s perspective on social networking: One student’s disenchantment with Facebook.
- Organizational patterns: Matching the ways that material can be structured, with suggested reformatting options.
- Online Cornell Notes: A template for you.
- Reading Textbooks: Another approach to text reading, from Oregon State University.
- Reading in the Sciences: Some specific recommendations for working with science texts, from Cuesta College.
- Ebbinghaus Forgetting Curve: More information on how memory works.
UNIVERSITY WRITING CENTER: One-on-one assistance in writing.
Your professor/TA’s office